Table of Contents
Ben Wa Balls have been there for a very long time now, and its purpose is to strengthen vaginal and pelvic floor muscles. This Ben Wa balls which come as small, weighted balls which also come in different sizes and weights to help you in muscle contraction and release without any pain. They also perform other functions than assisting you to whip your pelvic floor into shape, like enhancing or improving sexual pleasure. These balls can also be called orgasm balls, jiggle ball, love balls, Venus balls, and pleasure balls.
Before we discuss on how to use Ben Wa Ball exercises, we need to have an idea of some tips that should come before the use of these balls. Below are some suggestions:
Who can use Ben Wa Balls?
Women are the people who can use Ben Wa Balls. Ben Wa Ball exercise is accompanied with some risk factors like:
- Pain or discomfort
So in order to reduce these risk, you have to make sure that you choose the right size, weight, and technique. Endeavor to meet your doctor before using Ben Wa Balls if you are:
- Pregnant or just recovering from childbirth.
- Recovering from gynecological surgery.
- Having existing pelvic pain or an active pelvic infection.
- You have been using an intrauterine device (IUD).
- You have been using a menstrual cup.
You are going to experience pains and discomfort if you use Ben Wa Balls in any of these conditions mentioned above.
How to prepare Ben Wa Balls?
- Use antibacterial soap to wash your hand properly.
- Wash your Ben Wa Balls with warm water and antibacterial soap after which you use a clean towel to dry them.
- Then you rub the balls with a right quantity of water-based lube to enable easy insertion.
Women encounter two main challenges when performing Ben Wa Ball exercise. First, they will have to ensure that they carry this exercise out for a long period and most importantly they have to find the right pelvic floor muscles and train them. After you must have found the right pelvic muscle and you are ready to train them, then below are the steps on how to use Ben Wa Ball exercises.
Tips on how to use Ben Wa Ball Exercise
To get an effective workout, you have to start carrying out your Ben Wa Ball exercises at least three times weekly on different weekdays. Here are some steps to guide you on how to use Ben Wa Balls:
- Empty your bladder: This is the first thing to do because it makes the Ben Wa Ball to be held inside the vagina easily.
- Pick a weight that is suitable for your needs: Ensure you buy Ben Wa Ball that mix and suits your weight. Progressive load will give personalized resistance training for women of any age. Make more findings of various weights that will suit you to see and feel the progress you are making quickly.
- Locate your pelvic floor muscles: Studies have shown that it is very essential you locate your pelvic floor muscles to have the full merit of Ben Wa Balls exercise; therefore you need to locate the right group of pelvic muscles in other to get optimum results. To locate the muscles, go to the restroom to urinate, then stop urination midway, then you concentrate on that particular muscle that enables you to hold urine effectively from continuation. Inserting a lubricated finger into your vagina about 2cm deep inside could also help you locate the muscles. Place your finger against the interior side wall of your vagina as you squeeze and left you anus, urethra, and vagina.
- Lay down in a best comfortable position: it is advised that for those first-timers or those that have weak pelvic floor muscles to start this exercise by lying down on a firm bed or the floor or better still on an exercise mat for better comfort to efficiently exercise the pelvic muscles with reduced exertion. To get optimum results, Ben Wa Balls should be used while standing comfortably because lifting against gravitational force can make training resistant.
- Begin your Ben Wa Ball training regimen: Make sure you are gentle with your body and also make sure you feel comfortable when carrying out this exercise because this is a key to efficient Ben Wa Balls exercises. Place the Ben Wa Balls simultaneously and ensure you clean them before and after use. New users are advised to make two seconds as their hold and rest time duration to know their ability. As you continue with your training process and begin to feel more convenient, you are now free to add up the duration by an increment of two seconds.
- Aim higher: Women who continuously carry out Ben Wa Balls exercises usually have strong pelvic muscles because regular exercises are the primary factor to attain the most effective pelvic muscles strengthening. Don’t forget to choose Ben Wa Balls weight according to the strength of your pelvic floor. However, when you notice that your exercises now requires lesser effort and has become easy, you are now free to choose the next weight level.
How to remove them?
If your Ben Wa Ball has a removable string or loop, you should:
- Lay down in a comfortable position.
- Put more lubrication to your vaginal opening.
- Then gently hold the removal string until it comes out.
If the balls refuse to come out, you can jump up and down or even walk around to enable your muscles contract and release
So for women who are finding difficulties in using Ben Wa Ball exercises, this article will go a long way in assisting you. Please don’t forget to choose ball weight according to the strength of your pelvic floor muscle to prevent pain and discomfort.