There is always a reason for everything. The pubic hair on your vagina surface has an excellent function and should be left out. Many women can’t let go. They don’t know that their gynecologist is concerned about it if it is bare. It is not hygienic at all!
What is Pubic Hair and Vagina Hygiene?
Pubic can be said to be the terminal body hair. It is found in your genital area especially when you are at your adolescent age. Pubic hair is always around your sex organs and sometimes at the upper section inside your thighs. It is around the pubic bone of your pubic region, and it’s called the pubic patch. They are also found on the scrotum of males and the vulva of females. During childhood, vellas hairs are present, but they get heavier, coarse and longer during puberty to become pubic hair.
Vagina hygiene is a type of performance one has to do to keep the vagina healthy. Vagina hygiene is equal to vagina cleanliness. If you keep practicing vaginal hygiene, you will form an excellent habit which will keep your pubic hair neat and healthy. During puberty, androgen and estrogen rise in male and female respectively, and this causes pronounced development in their pubic hair. Well groomed pubic hair is a major sex characteristic in all animals. Though some cultural practices insist on cutting them off as a part of hygiene, they can be clean without cutting off as far as you are generally clean.
Importance Of Pubic Hair To Vagina Hygiene
The importance of pubic hair to vagina hygiene cannot be overemphasized. Pubic hair and the vagina are related. There are some reasons why you should grow your pubic hair; they are as follows;
- It is there to protect your vagina. The pubic hair provides some cushioning effect against friction which might cause injury to your vaginal sector. It serves as a blockage against bacteria and dirt’s.
- The pubic hair helps to spread pheromones which are the chemicals we usually excrete to entice our partners.
- It serves as a regulator since it can reduce heat loss during hot weather and give warmth during cold weather.
- Pubic hair is very significant because of its cushioning effect which protects the sensitive part of the body around the genitals, during sexual intercourse.
- It plays a role in hygiene, trapping dirt, bacterial infection, and preventing it from entering the vaginal opening.
- It helps in cooling you whenever you’re sweating.
- Pubic hair plays a role in basic sexual instincts; it traps the smell of your vagina especially when you have general hygiene.
- Pubic hair protects you from contacting some sexually transmitted diseases. This is because, with pubic hair growing there, there will be lesser skin-contact. Then, you are protected from herpes. It will also protect your soft inside tissue of the vagina.
- Some people have exposed their inner labia; pubic hair will cover it and defend it against invading bacteria that causes itching, infection, and irritation.
- Micro cuts during shaving can lead to skin irritation and infection. Gynecologist always sees patients with cases of inflammation of their hair follicles known as folliculitis, lacerations, abscesses, irritation and other infections. This is because of over grooming of the pubic hair that they are always scared thinking that those bumps are caused by STD, not knowing that it is due to grooming of the pubic hair.
- It is not advisable to engage in waxing or lasering too. They are very costly, painful and can cause more harm than good. Gynecologist advises that the cutting of pubic hair will do more harm than good therefore it is better to groom it.
How do you take care of your pubic hair so that it will not constitute problems for you?
Pubic hair does not need a special beauty regimen if you are bathing and showering regularly. It can make do with your regular soap, no need for a special shampoo, conditioner or oil treatment. You don’t need to treat them to a spa moment. Your vagina has a self-cleaning mechanism and doesn’t need your soap to throw the ph-balance off. So if you need to keep your pubic hair, long and natural, do the following:
- Wash and shower regularly.
- Use normal body soap.
- Don’t wear too tight pants.
- Change your undies on a regular basis and try to keep the region dry for comfort purposes.
- If you are letting it grow, don’t keep it dirty, you can shape or trim it to your taste but make sure you do that using a good clipper hair cutting shears or a trimmer.
- It is essential to keep the tool as a personal pubic cutter. You must not shave or use it on anything. Then make sure you follow the manufacturer’s instructions.
Now if you decide to lawn and still keep it, there are some things you can do to back up your decision to still be on the safe side. They are as follows;
- Use a good and sterilized razor,
- Keep the bikini zone clean,
- You can use a shaving gel.
Disadvantages of not leaving your pubic hair
Some ways of cutting pubic hair cause the pubic hair to pull off from the root. This action could cause some diseases or infections in the pubic area and also in your vagina.
The root will be exposed to:
- Inflamed cysts
- Using chemical depilatories can cause allergic effect
- Most of the chemical depilatories in the market cause irritation and allergic reactions. If you are sensitive to such things, leaving the pubic hair should be a good option otherwise; you will do yourself more harm than good.
- Laser hair removal or electrolysis
If you can’t leave the pubic hair out completely, you can get it by trimming off a little. This will help you to enjoy both worlds and at least help you to avoid cuts, burns, itching, as well as bacterial infection. You will also enjoy its cushioning action and fight against friction. You won’t feel bad because it will wick some sweat away to leave you sweet smelling. However, if you want to feel the full effect of pubic hair, let go, and maintain a high classed hygiene. You will not regret it!