Kegel exercises are the trend right now. You might not know what it is and why everyone is talking about it. The reason kegel exercises are the prevalent form of exercises for the lower part of the body is due to the benefits it gives to the areas of the body which no other exercises concentrate on. That is why both women and men are into strengthening their muscles with the help of Kegel exercises. Before we jump into how the tasks should be carried on, it is essential to know about the basics of this exercise and what it offers.
Definition of Kegel
It may be defined as a contraction of the lower pelvic muscles backing up the vagina. Kegel could be, assuming you try to stop urinating midstream. The best method applicable is by respiration while you undergo the contraction for greatest outcome. Breathe in then lose everything, breath out the contract the muscles at that sport. Grip for five seconds do it repeatedly for about ten times and do it four to five times daily.
What are Kegel Exercises?
Kegel exercises are also known as the pelvic floor exercises. This is the area which is present between the hip and the reproductive organs. Pelvic floor consists of a set of muscles and tissues which form the shape of a hammock. This form of work out involves in continuous contraction and relaxation of the muscles which are present in the pelvic floor.
These muscles now which are popularly known as the ‘kegel muscles’ are the ones which the bladder in its place. It also prevents the urine from leaking. Other than the urinary bladder, this muscle also supports the uterus, rectum and the small intestine. These are clenching and release a form of exercise.
Why do kegel?
There is no gender inequality here as both men and women can do kegel workouts. The pelvic floor mentioned above may get weak at times. When that happens, there will be issues with the inability to control the movement of the urine and bowels. Factors which weaken the pelvic floor in women are pregnancy, aging, obesity, and childbirth.
Since the pelvic floor acts a support for the internal organs, if it gets week then the organs will start to drop down. This will, in turn, lower into the woman’s vagina. This can lead to distress and loss of control over urination.
Benefits of Kegel Exercises
- For some people, the control over urination will be lost due to various factors. Kegel exercises will help in control stress incontinence. This is the condition where there is a spontaneous release of urine particularly when there is a sudden rise in the abdominal pressure. As a result, the person will leak urine during laughing, sneezing, lifting any heavy weights and even jogging.
- Apart from this many people face this condition of urge incontinence. This is the condition where there is a sudden and strong urge to pass urine. Usually, if the bladder is healthy, the muscles will be relaxed until the bladder is full. Kegel exercises will help to resolve this condition.
- If the bladder gets full in a healthy individual, he or she will get the urge to urinate. If a person has urge incontinence, then it might result in a feel where even if the bladder is half full there will be a feeling of bladder fullness. While doing Kegel exercises, the muscles which are responsible for this will get stronger and eliminate this situation.
- During pregnancy and after childbirth the pelvic muscles will get stretched, and due to this it will get weaken. This will lead to issues which include urinary incontinence, and the muscles will start sagging later on. Kegel exercises will be highly beneficial in these types of situations.
How to do the workout?
Before starting the workout, it is essential to know which are the kegel muscles or the pelvic muscle. Since it cannot be seen apparently, it is difficult to spot this.
- One easy way to detect this is to place a clean finger inside the vagina. Now tighten the vaginal muscles around the finger. That is the right spot.
- One another method is to try and stop urinating midway. The muscles which are used to do this are the kegel muscles. However, do not keep stooping urine mid-flow as this might lead to other complications. In case if it’s still difficult to find then ask the help of your doctor.
- Start contracting. This is the best way to exercise the kegel muscles. Roughly about 100 squeezes should be carried out. One set can range from 10 to 20.
- You can try the kegel ball. Weight and balls will help in intensifying the kegel workout. Insert the kegel ball and then contract the vaginal muscles. Keep repeating this. Hold the ball tight, or it might fall out.
- As the technology progresses, there are apps which support these exercises. One such app is the Elvis app which will help you in building the kegel muscles with new goals every day.
- It is better to tighten the pelvic muscles and hold it for few seconds. Then it can be allowed to relax for about five seconds. This can be repeated in a row.
Mistakes while doing Kegel Exercises
While there are plenty of benefits to achieve it, the work out should be executed properly. Make sure you do not make these mistakes while performing the workout.
- Kegel exercises can be done anytime. Whether you are watching TV or sitting at your desk, it doesn’t matter. However, always make sure to empty your bladder before doing it.
- Do not get discouraged easily and give up. Reason being kegel exercises will take months to show the effect. So keep doing the workout, and it should be part of your daily routine.
- In case you experience pain in the abdomen after the work out chances are that you are not doing it right. Then try relaxing on the floor and then do the exercise.
- Do not overdo the workout. This will result in the muscle getting tired, and the work out will not be productive.
- Make sure the muscle in the abdomen, buttocks, back, and sides are loose while performing the exercise.
Beginning with your Vaginal Tightening Exercises and Weight System
The activities start now with this stress-free steps;
- Figure out the appropriate weight for your level of strength currently.
- Make use of that particular weight fifteen minutes per day, especially when moving the body, during some easy household duties, bathing and preparing in the morning.
- The stronger you get, advance to the heavier weight.
How to do Kegel Exervises
Kegel exercises help to increase your sexual life and aid with lower pelvic problems, in addition to urinary and its face unchastely. If you can be used to practicing them daily, you will be able to get excellent results.
Getting prepared for Kegel exercises
- Locate your pelvic muscles by hindering the flow of urine midstream. Before undergoing the Kegel exercises, it necessary to locate your pelvis. The best similar way of finding them is by trying to stop the flow of your pee midstream. This move as a fundamental way of tightening a Kegel. Allow those muscles to continue the flowing urine, and you will discover the particular point where those Kegels are. Don’t forget to visit a doctor before embarking on your Kegel exercises if there be any medical problems that might hinder your Kegel exercises safely. Frequent stopping of urine midstream, however, is not advisable, Kegel exercise routine on a regular basis. Doing Kegel exercise while urinating exceeding twice a month can eventually develop the opposite effect, losing the muscle. It can also damage your kidney and bladder.
- If you still have troubles finding your Kegel, place your finger in your vagina and squeeze your muscles. You are to feel the tightening of your muscles and your lower pelvic moved up. Free yourself, and you will discover that the lower pelvic moved back to its normal state, be confident that the fingers you inserted into your vagina are clean. Be at that you are sexually active as a woman; you should know if your partner can feel you “hugging” his joystick and letting go during sex.
- Use a hand mirror to find your Kegel if you still have the problem isolating your Kegel, get a hand mirror and place it below your perineum. Being the skin-covered parts between your vagina and the anus. Practical squeeze and relax what you assume are your Kegel muscles. If you can do it properly, then you should see your perineum contracting every time with each squeeze.
- Make sure you have an empty bladder before you begin your Kegel. It is necessary you don’t practice your Kegel with a partially full bladder, if not you may experience pain while exercising your Kegel, likewise leakage. Before starting up your exercise procedure, check your bladder to exercise efficiently.
- Concentrate on only tightening your pelvic floor muscles. You should concentrate on these muscles always during Kegel exercises; therefore you should not flex other muscles, just like your thighs, buttocks, abdomen, for the excellent outcome. To aid you to concentrate and move efficiently, ensure you inhale and exhale holding. This will help you in getting most of your pelvic ground exercises, and you also can relax. One of the ways of keeping your muscles relaxed is by placing one hand on your Tommy to ensure that your Tommy is entirely comfortable. If you find out your Tommy or back ache a bit after completing Kegel exercise, it signifies that you are not exercising properly.
- Get into a comfortable position. This exercises can be done anywhere at any time, either lying on the ground or sitting on a chair. Ensure that your belly and buttock muscles are relaxed. When you are lying down, you should flatten your back with your arms at your sides and your knees together upwards. You should keep your head down, as well, in other to avoid straining of the neck.
After doing all these Kegel exercises, you will feel like having sex. Don’t fear! It’s a normal thing; because your pelvic floor muscles are what contract during orgasm, Kegel exercises may also help you have more intense orgasms. Try doing Kegel exercise while you are talking on the phone, watching television, playing music.